Videos keep being dropped.

Jason Brown

24 Jul, 2016 11:34 AM

I am having a random issue with the videos dropping from listings. It happened again last night. Here is the auction ID, 272317596489. The video was uploaded and attached yesterday and I checked it after it was uploaded. Doing some updates this morning and the video is gone. My other listings and videos are fine. Once an auction has bids, you can't revise or change the listing, including trying to put the video back up.
Why is this happening?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Joe on 25 Jul, 2016 09:43 AM

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. While this isn't an issue I've heard from our customers before, I'm certainly happy to take a look.

Did you embed the video into eBay manually (by copying and pasting the embed code)? Or did you use our eBay integration to embed it straight from your vzaar account?

Many thanks,

Joe

2. 2 Posted by Jason Brown on 25 Jul, 2016 09:47 AM

I used the eBay button on the vzaar site.

Jason Brown/ Managing Member
    Recycled Retail L.L.C.
    919-630-6855

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Nick Thompson on 25 Jul, 2016 01:11 PM

Hey Jason,

I am not seeing the auction ID: 272317596489 tied to your account, so that I can find the auction in our database could I please have the video ID of the video you embedded to your auction?

Regards,
    Nick

4. 4 Posted by Jason Brown on 25 Jul, 2016 01:13 PM

Recycled Retail L.L.C.
    919-630-6855

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Nick Thompson on 25 Jul, 2016 06:34 PM

Hey Jason,

The error message coming back from ebay is...

Title or subtitle cannot be revised for auction style listings that have at least one pending bid or are ending in less than twelve hours, and for fixed price listings that have at least one quantity sold or have a pending best offer.

By the message it sounds as though the auction had a bid on it when you tried to add the video and as you said in your original message that is not possible. How often are you seeing this problem? If you could flag a problematic auction with us before it has any bids that would be very helpful.

Regards,
    Nick

6. 6 Posted by Jason Brown on 25 Jul, 2016 07:44 PM

No Nick, the video was posted immediately after the eBay listing was put up and there were no bids or activity. The video was up and working fine. I watch the videos every time I post one to the listings. I have had this issue about 6 times now on different listings.
    Why is it taking so long to even get responses back?
    This makes me look very bad because I write in my listings, "be sure to watch the video and see the item in action". Imagine how it looks when there is no video.

Recycled Retail L.L.C.
    919-630-6855

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 25 Jul, 2016 07:54 PM

Hello Jason

When we add a video to one of your eBay listings, we simply insert the video embed code into the listing. It's no more or less complex than that. If you create a listing containing a video and confirm that the video appears in the listing then the video has been added and our access to the listing is over. We can add embed codes to your listings but we have no capacity to remove them.

If you then publish the item/listing and see the video in the listing, our job is complete. If you then revisit a listing sometime in the future and the video is gone (and, from there, the embed code we previously inserted is no longer present in the listing) then something odd (and unrelated to vzaar) is happening - eBay is amending the listing without your knowledge, or such.

I'd suggest that we walk through this online - in a screen-sharing session if necessary - so that we can confirm that the embed is being placed in the listing correctly. Once we've done that, if the embed code is removed and the video no longer appears, you can then get on to eBay and ask them why your listings are changing without any action on your part.

On response time, we have a online chat available if you'd like to speak to us in real-time - just navigate to our home page at http://vzaar.com and 'Click for Live Help' at the bottom of the page. It's a good channel for help as it makes sending links easy and error-free. We're online there 17 hours a day - between 9am GMT and 6pm Pacific, M-F.

Regards

Alasdair

8. 8 Posted by Jason Brown on 25 Jul, 2016 08:30 PM

Here is one I just listed.
    Auction ID 401160031153
    Video number- 7711611
    The video is on the listing and working.
    If you guys don't know what happens to them, I guess I need to talk to eBay. Just not sure why they would randomly take down the videos on my listings.
    Thank you for your time.

Recycled Retail L.L.C.
    919-630-6855

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 25 Jul, 2016 09:10 PM

Hello Jason

Thanks. I took a look at you listing and the embed code is correctly placed in the listing and the video player appears correctly.

Keep an eye on that listing and get back to us the moment anything changes, ok?

Regards

Alasdair

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 27 Jul, 2016 01:07 AM

Hey Jason

I just checked your listing and the video still appears. Let's keep an eye on this but we've definitely embedded the video correctly. If the video disappears at some point in the future, you'll have to contact eBay and ask them how your listing could have been edited/amended without your intervention.

Regards

Alasdair

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 28 Jul, 2016 08:46 PM

Hey Jason

Still there. I'll go ahead and close this ticket for now. Thanks for contacting us and don't hesitate to get back in touch on this - or on any other issue - in the future.

Be sure to keep an eye on our blog for discussion of future developments: http://vzaar.com/blog/

Regards

Alasdair

12. Alasdair Manson closed this discussion on 28 Jul, 2016 08:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac