Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Problem with new Vzaar embed code for company web server - No longer recognizing streaming audio files

Laura Waller

12 Aug, 2016 02:58 AM

Alasdair sent my company a new embed code that was intended to prevent the display of the scrubbing thumbnails on the videos for my web server (API Integration function). The series of emails we exchanged are between Alasdair Manson and myself, Laura Waller (CLEonline.com).

BUT UNFORTUNATELY, THIS NEW EMBED CODE IS NO LONGER ALLOWING MY WEB SERVER TO RECOGNIZE OR PLAY THE STREAMING AUDIO FILES. ALTHOUGH, THE MP3 AUDIO FILES STREAMS CORRECTLY WHEN ACCESSED DIRECTLY FROM VZAAR, THE DISPLAY ON MY COMPANY WEBSITE CURRENTLY STATES THAT "THIS VIDEO IS UNAVAILABLE".

I NEED IMMEDIATE HELP, AS MY CUSTOMERS ARE ALREADY CALLING ME ASKING FOR REFUNDS AND THINK THAT MY COMPANY'S WEBSITE DOESN'T WORK.

PLEASE CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AS THIS IS A VERY URGENT AND SERIOUS PROBLEM.

THANK YOU,

LAURA WALLER
(512) 964-4136
[email blocked]

1. 1 Posted by Laura Waller on 12 Aug, 2016 06:10 AM

We have been able to discern that the recent embed programming change seems to have affected some of the older videos, but we are going to work on updating those on our end - because we absolutely have to implement the no thumbnails display on our website.

So, at this point, we believe we should be able to revise, re-upload, or re-designate files on our end.

Thank you,

Laura Waller, CLEonline.com

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Joe on 12 Aug, 2016 10:13 AM

Hi Laura,

I'm really sorry to hear about this issue, and very eager to help you solve it as soon as possible. Apologies for being unable to get back to you earlier - it looks like you caught us just outside of support hours.

So far, I've not been able to replicate the problem on my end whatsoever using the latest version of our player.

Would it be possible for you to send over an example page where you're running into this error message so we can investigate? That's really the best way for us to dig into this one.

Many thanks,

Joe

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 12 Aug, 2016 04:15 PM

Hello Laura

Did you see Joe's earlier message? I understand this is an urgent issue but it's been 6 or so hours with no response.

The previewThumbs=true parameter will have no effect on audio files (as they have no scrubbing thumbails). Can you give us the URL of a page on your site that contains a video/audio file displaying this error and we'll be happy to investigate.

Regards

Alasdair

4. 4 Posted by Laura Waller on 12 Aug, 2016 05:24 PM

Hi Alasdair,

I left a second message on the Vzaar website (as a follow-up) stating that the problem seemed to largely be an issue with some of the older files and we would take care of it on our end. We have no choice but to update everything because, as you know, we can't have the scrubbing thumbnails.

I'm sorry if you didn't see my second message saying we would take care of everything on our end. I was up literally all night finding the errors, replacing some of the missing files, and updating the other content, so that it didn't include any scrubbing thumbnails.

Thank you for trying to help,, but we will take care of these issues on our end. I really do appreciate all of your hard work and efforts!!!

Best Regards,

Laura Waller

********+++

Sent from my iPhone

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 12 Aug, 2016 05:28 PM

Hello Laura

Thanks for the update. We don't want this to be any harder for you than it has to be.

It's not clear why older videos would be problematic in the context of this player parameter approach - you shouldn't need to be re-uploading or replacing any videos to implement this solution.

We're happy to investigate to try to save you some work - just give us the URL of a page containing any video demonstrating a problem and we'll be happy to advise.

Regards

Alasdair

6. 6 Posted by Laura Waller on 12 Aug, 2016 05:47 PM

Thank you, Alasdair, and I really appreciate your kindness and offer of support. I have gone through all of the seminar content files and already changed most of the ones that were either affected and/or needed to be changed so as not to show the scrubbing thumbnails. The other files that were affected were from the older seminars and were all audio files. For some reason, it didn't recognize them any more and displayed that the media file had been deleted - I agree that seems very odd and inexplicable. Either way, there was no choice in making this necessary embed code change. I will go through those older audio files this afternoon to see if I re-upload them again. So, we are taking care of everything on this end.

But thank you again for all your help and I hope you have a great day!

Best Regards,

Laura.

Sent from my iPhone

7. 7 Posted by Laura Waller on 12 Aug, 2016 05:48 PM

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your email and your offer to help. I went to sleep for a few hours this morning and didn't see your response until now.

I left a second message on the Vzaar website (as a follow-up earlier this morning) stating that the problem seemed to largely be an issue with some of the older files and we would take care of it on our end. We have no choice but to update everything because, as you know, we can't have the scrubbing thumbnails.

I'm sorry if you didn't see my second message saying we would take care of everything on our end. I was up literally all night finding the errors, replacing some of the missing files, and updating the other content, so that it didn't include any scrubbing thumbnails.

Thank you for trying to help,, but we will take care of these issues on our end. I really do appreciate all of your hard work and efforts!!!

Best Regards,

Laura Waller

********+++

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 12, 2016, at 11:15 AM, Alasdair Manson <[email blocked]> wrote:
    >
    > // Please reply above this line
    > ==================================================
    > From: Alasdair Manson (Support staff)
    > Subject: Problem with new Vzaar embed code for company web server - No longer recognizing streaming audio files
    >
    > Hello Laura
    >
    > Did you see Joe's earlier message? I understand this is an urgent issue but it's been 6 or so hours with no response.
    >
    > The `previewThumbs=true` parameter will have no effect on audio files (as they have no scrubbing thumbails). Can you give us the URL of a page on your site that contains a video/audio file displaying this error and we'll be happy to investigate.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Alasdair
    >
    >
    >
    > View this discussion at our support site online: http://vzaar.com/help/discussions/problems/59988-problem-with-new-vzaar-embed-code-for-company-web-server-no-longer-recognizing-streaming-audio-files
    >
    > ---
    >
    > To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://vzaar.com, visit http://vzaar.com/help/unsubscribe/fd796b99782e0da9d6f38205bd4292a777a716d4

Sent from my iPhone

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 12 Aug, 2016 08:53 PM

Hey Laura

No worries - just reach back out if you need any help.

I'll go ahead and close this ticket for now. Thanks for contacting us and don't hesitate to get back in touch on this - or on any other issue - in the future.

Be sure to keep an eye on our blog for discussion of future developments: http://vzaar.com/blog/

Regards

Alasdair

9. Alasdair Manson closed this discussion on 12 Aug, 2016 08:53 PM.

10. Laura Waller re-opened this discussion on 12 Aug, 2016 09:15 PM

11. 9 Posted by Laura Waller on 12 Aug, 2016 09:15 PM

Thank you, Alasdair, for all your support and assistance in trying to
    resolve this matter!

Laura

12. Alasdair Manson closed this discussion on 12 Aug, 2016 09:47 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac