Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Player seems to have changed, does not render all videos in available list in IE anymore

Kevin Guyer

07 Sep, 2016 08:09 PM

This was working until pretty recently and seems to have changed. The iframe served up at https://view.vzaar.com/playlists/XXX is not longer showing more than the first video in the playlist for our company's version of Internet Explorer. I can force the mode in the browser manually to IE10 or Edge and it works, but our intranet requires the IE 10 compatibility mode and a recent change seems to have broken this. Attached is a screenshot of how this looks with the standard document mode of 8, and without.

The pages in which we have the iframes hosted are set to a document mode we cannot change. Any thoughts on the nature of what may have changed and what options we have? All of our intranet video playlists are broken and we really want to continue to use Vzaar for video delivery.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 07 Sep, 2016 09:27 PM

Hello Kevin

Thanks for contacting us.

I can't find any vzaar account associated with [email blocked] - can you give me the account username, the email you used to create the account or a playlist ID and I'll be happy to take a look.

Thanks and regards

Alasdair

2. 2 Posted by Kevin Guyer on 08 Sep, 2016 12:16 PM

Hi Alasdair,

The account is CBWebcast (associated with [email blocked]) and the playlist ID from the screenshots is 11976.

Thanks for your help,
    Kevin

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 08 Sep, 2016 03:49 PM

Hello Kevin

I have rolled back your player/iframe version to a slightly older version as part of the diagnosis - can you retry and let me know if the problem persists.

Regards

Alasdair

4. 4 Posted by Kevin Guyer on 09 Sep, 2016 03:07 AM

Hi Alasdair,

I have confirmed that the issue is still occurring on a few different machines with the same IE version.

Thanks again for your help with this,
    Kevin

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 09 Sep, 2016 05:13 PM

Hello

The pages in which we have the iframes hosted are set to a document mode we cannot change.

What is that value?

We'll continue to look at this. IE and compatibility mode are, frankly, a nightmare in which to diagnose issues...

Regards

Alasdair

6. 6 Posted by Kevin Guyer on 12 Sep, 2016 02:26 PM

Amen to that, I too fight with that compat mode regularly. I've attached an image that breaks down the setting and the values that yield different results.

Thanks again for your help!
    //Kevin

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 14 Sep, 2016 08:59 PM

Hello Kevin

We are continuing to investigate this but I have no update on the diagnosis at this time. I'll try to get you a rough timeline on when we expect this to be resolved.

Regards

Alasdair

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 15 Sep, 2016 09:56 PM

Hello Kevin

I came to revisit this today to keep it moving forward. I've been focusing on my own test playlists (I am able to reproduce the issue) now but I need to take a look at your playlists.

I can't find any vzaar account associated with [email blocked]. Did you change the email you use for your vzaar account? Can you let me have your username or the email you use for the vzaar account?

Thanks and regards

Alasdair

9. 9 Posted by Kevin Guyer on 15 Sep, 2016 09:56 PM

I am currently unavailable with limited email capabilities until Monday 9/19. Please contact the Help Desk with any issues. Thanks, together we can make America HTML 5 standards compliant again.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 15 Sep, 2016 10:39 PM

Hello Kevin

I found you. This is the specific 'problem' playlist correct: http://app.vzaar.com/playlists/11976 ?

Regards

Alasdair

11. 11 Posted by Kevin Guyer on 16 Sep, 2016 12:13 AM

It is indeed! =)

12. 12 Posted by Kevin Guyer on 20 Sep, 2016 05:02 PM

Hi Alasdair,

I noticed in doing some testing that the thumbnails flashed briefly on the left of the player before they failed to render on the bottom and suspected that the player's 'native state' might be with the thumbs on the left, and if you choose otherwise in the settings it moves them dynamically as or after it renders. I suspected that 'post-loading change' might be what is causing the issue so tried it out and it seems to work fine with the thumbnail positions on the left, but not the bottom.

That may help in troubleshooting the underlying issue, for the meantime we are migrating out playlists to the one configuration that seems to render all of the thumbnails.

Thanks!
    //Kevin

13. Alasdair Manson closed this discussion on 20 Sep, 2016 11:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac