Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Number of views by day, Week Month

YASSIR BROUK

11 Sep, 2016 11:24 PM

Hi,

I want to be able to find the most viewed video for the last day, week or month. This way I can rank them for popularity within that period. Currently with the API I'm only able to get the total views since the creation of the video with the playCount attribute.

How can I figure out the number of views in a period of time using the API?

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Nick Thompson on 12 Sep, 2016 02:21 PM

Hey Yassir,

Thank you for reaching out.
    We do not have a built in feature to do this for you but there may be a work around here. If you would like to know your most viewed video for each day/week/month you could run the playCount call at the beginning of each day/week/month then deduct the total of the previous results. The remainder would be the amount for that day/week/month.

How does that sound to you?

Regards,
    Nick

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 14 Sep, 2016 08:48 PM

Hello Yassir

It's been a couple of days with no response. sorry to not have a better answer for you on this issue.

I'll go ahead and close this ticket for now. Thanks for contacting us and don't hesitate to get back in touch on this - or on any other issue - in the future.

Be sure to keep an eye on our blog for discussion of future developments: http://vzaar.com/blog/

Regards

Alasdair

3. Alasdair Manson closed this discussion on 14 Sep, 2016 08:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac