Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Video Folders

Margret Cumbers

09 Dec, 2012 05:56 PM

Could you consider allow videos to be categorised / managed by supporting folders. Once you have a few dozen (or more) videos, it would simplify things.
thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dan on 10 Dec, 2012 10:32 AM

Hi there,

Many thanks for the suggestion. I see you're already using our labelling function to categorise your videos. Can you explain how you would foresee folders behaving differently to the current functionality?

All the best,
    Dan

2. 2 Posted by Margret Cumbers on 10 Dec, 2012 02:53 PM

that's a good point!

I guess there is not a lot of functional difference, except for people that don't use tags or items that are not tagged.

The main difference would perhaps be more aesthetic along with consistency to how file systems operate allowing slightly more clear organisation.

A nice to have feature then, if it was not a lot of work, which it probably is!

thanks

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dan on 10 Dec, 2012 03:23 PM

I'd say that it's probably a design/usability issue rather than a change in the underlying functionality. If you get in the habit of adding tags straight after uploading then it should be fairly easy to manage.

But thanks again for the suggestion, and as with all suggestions if it is requested enough then we'll move it up on the priority.

All the best,
    Dan

4. Dan closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2012 03:23 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac