Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Video Search by Vzaar ID#

Joshua Fecht

05 Jun, 2013 02:30 PM

I thought at one time it was possible to search for videos by entering the vzaar generated ID number, however now when I try to do that, nothing comes up. It would be nice to be able to locate a video by searching with it's ID#. I'm using Google Analytics to track video plays, but in that program videos are only identified by the ID# so I have no idea which video is which on there unless I painstakenly scour my account for the matching ID#. Or, does anyone know of a simple way, on Google Analytics, to replace the Vid ID# with the actual name of the video?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Lawrence on 05 Jun, 2013 02:50 PM

Hi Joel,

I'm afraid that I can't think of a way to do that in Google Analytics.

However, if you use this link - http://api.vzaar.com/users/jhfederer/videos.xml, you'll receive an XML document. That document provides all your videos ID numbers and titles.

If you use CTRL+F in your browser, you'll be able to search that document for particular ID numbers. Hopefully, it should make matching an ID to a title a little easier.

Alternatively, you can append any ID number to the URL http://vzaar.com/videos/*insert-ID-here*. That will take you directly to the video's page on vzaar.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, I'd be very happy to answer them.

All the best,
    Lawrence

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Lawrence on 05 Jun, 2013 02:56 PM

Hi again,

I've just realised an oversight on my part. The XML document will only detail your publicly accessible videos.

The best solution is definitely to use the URL method. If you're using Google Chrome, you can also produce a custom search based on it.

All the best,
    Lawrence

3. 3 Posted by Joshua Fecht on 05 Jun, 2013 03:10 PM

Thank you for the feedback. I guess what I was really talking about, in terms of searching for a video, is for Vzaar to provide the capability to search for a video by ID# within Vzaar.

In the mean time, I will try out your suggestions.

Thanks.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Lawrence on 05 Jun, 2013 03:34 PM

Thanks Joel,

I agree that would be handy. I'll mention it to the developers as a possible improvement to the videos page.

We always try to be flexible with these things. So, if enough people ask for an improved search, it's something we'll work on.

For the time being, I'll mark this thread as resolved. However, if you have any questions, feel free to open it back up again.

All the best,
    Lawrence

5. Lawrence closed this discussion on 05 Jun, 2013 03:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac