Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Upload From Dropbox

Aaron Jackson

17 Jun, 2013 09:35 PM

Managing a video production pipeline is difficult ... one thing that would make it easier would be to automatically consume videos from an engine like Dropbox. In our case, our organization and partners share pre-approved artifacts via Dropbox. I looked for web automation frameworks that work with vzaar (like ifttt.com) but I didn't find any.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 17 Jun, 2013 09:38 PM

Hello Aaron

Thanks for contacting us.

You can upload direct from any public URL (e.g. a dropbox URL to the video file) using our 'link' uploader: http://vzaar.com/upload/link

Regards

Alasdair

2. 2 Posted by Aaron Jackson on 17 Jun, 2013 09:54 PM

That's pretty handy. However, is there any way to do web automation around that or would I end up having to write an application that mimic's the behavior of that form? My goal here is automation.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 17 Jun, 2013 10:04 PM

Hello

That's an uploading form which requires user interaction - it was never intended to support automation. For automating uploads, generally speaking, we have an API: http://developer.vzaar.com/

However, it's my understanding that the API assumes a local file, rather than a URL upload. I'll flag this for the attention of our API team and we can talk through automation of uploads from a URL, if possible.

Regards

Alasdair

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Evi on 25 Jun, 2013 07:11 AM

Aaron, as Alasdair mentioned, API assumes local file, unfortunately, none of the libs we have today supports URL as input.

Regards,
    Evi

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 27 Jun, 2013 11:26 PM

Hello

I'm going to go ahead and close this for now. Thanks for contacting us and don't hesitate to get back in touch on this - or on any other issue - in the future.

Regards

Alasdair

6. Alasdair Manson closed this discussion on 27 Jun, 2013 11:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac