Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Playlist order

kevin taparauskas

13 Nov, 2015 07:46 PM

Hello,

Are there any plans to add more control for the order in which videos are presented in a playlist?

It's quite time consuming to replace all of the videos in a playlist just because one needs to be updated and replaced.

Best regards,
Kevin

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 15 Nov, 2015 08:00 PM

Hello Kevin

Thanks for contacting us. There are no plans to change the way that playlists are managed in the near future. The playlist feature was designed to be quick and easy to use so the flip-side is that it's not that flexible or customizable.

That said, you don't need to replace all the videos in a playlist to re-order it - playlists can be sorted by title so you could just update the titles of the videos in the playlist and resave it.

Regards

Alasdair

2. 2 Posted by kevin taparausk... on 16 Nov, 2015 03:45 PM

For my purposes, unfortunately, this is counter-intuitive because I don't want to have my playlist items read as a list.

Additionally, this would prohibit me from using the same video in two playlists and have it ordered appropriately.

So, unfortunately this makes the entire process time consuming and difficult as opposed to quick and easy.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Alasdair Manson on 16 Nov, 2015 06:56 PM

Hello

this would prohibit me from using the same video in two playlists and have it ordered appropriately.

Yes - that is the immediate issue with using titles to order. At this time, there's no simple solution I am afraid.

We do log all such feedback formally and I'll feed this back into our list of feature requests.

Regards

Alasdair

4. 4 Posted by kevin taparausk... on 16 Nov, 2015 08:35 PM

Thanks Alasdair.

5. Alasdair Manson closed this discussion on 16 Nov, 2015 08:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac